If you like helping your community and you live in Nuneaton and Bedworth, you may be interested in a new course – ‘Call to Active Citizenship’, a ten week Warwickshire County Council course starting on Wednesday, 7th February at the Town Hall, Nuneaton.
Registration for the course will take place on Saturday, 3rd February, 10.00am – 12.30pm at Our Lady of the Angels Community Centre, off Coton Road (next door to the church.)
Some of the topics that will be covered by the course are:
- first aid
- policing and criminal law
- Dementia and Friends training
- cyber crime and online safety
- drug and alcohol abuse awareness
- mediation and conflict resolution
- engaging with young people
- tackling the stigma of mental health problems
- volunteering in the community.
When the course finished there will be a graduation ceremony.
If you are interested call Mike on 07557 814937 or email email@example.com for an application form (quick and easy to complete) or more information.