Warwickshire County Council is launching a consultation on it’s new Education Strategy for 2018 – 2023. The purpose of the Education Strategy is to clearly set out aspirations and priorities for Education in Warwickshire.
The council wants to hear from parents, schools, colleges, early years settings, childminders and students so that all relevant stakeholders have a say on the new strategy.
The proposed priorities for Education and Learning are:
- Promoting the best possible start in life through early education.
- Unlocking talent, building resilience and fulfilling the potential of our vulnerable learners*
- Supporting successful system leadership and empowering communities so that Warwickshire schools can thrive and no school is left behind.
- Promoting employability; offering the best possible opportunities for all learners so that the local economy can grow and young people can take on the responsibilities of adult life.
*Vulnerable learners include the following;
- Children out of school.
- Children at risk of under-achievement.
- Children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- People with social, emotional and mental health needs.
To ensure you have your say on education in Warwickshire please visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/ask to complete the questionnaire.