A new specialist benefits advice service for vulnerable residents, funded by Warwickshire County Council, will be delivered by Citizens Advice Warwickshire from 1st April. The service is designed to support vulnerable community members, their carers and others facing barriers to their self -representation with matters including:
- Applying for benefits.
- Completing forms.
- Accessing Digital by Default Government services.
- Interpreting official forms and letters.
- Providing evidence to make successful benefit claims.
- Preparing requests for mandatory reconsideration.
- Appearance at appeals and tribunals.
The service will be delivered by a combination of the following:
- Face to face support from centrally located venues, supplemented by a range of outreach services including Community Hubs, Libraries and Community Centres.
- Online support: email, web chat, social media and digital resources.
- The establishment of a new countrywide Benefits Forum.
For more information visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/benefits and welfare.