Are you looking for a new challenge in your life? Are you looking for work experience to help you in your search for work? If the answer to the above is yes then there are two volunteering opportunities available in North Warwickshire that could be right for you.
Opportunity 1 – ‘Older Friend’
The Friendship Project for Children are looking for volunteers to become ‘older friends’ to children needing support.
Would you have 2-3 hours to spare a week? Activities include drawing, painting, shopping, cooking, swimming or watching a football match.
You must be 18 or over and preferably a driver. They are looking for people with a genuine interest in children and a desire to help those in need. You will need to provide two character references and go through a DBS check.
Opportunity 2 – Advisor
North Warwickshire Citizens Advice’s aim is to provide an effective advice service to the public and influence the government on how their actions effect the lives of their clients. They are looking for volunteers to help them with the following:
- Interviewing clients face to face and on the telephone and helping them set their priorities.
- Finding and communicating the relevant information and exploring the options and implications to aid the client in coming to a decision.
- Acting on behalf of the client where necessary by negotiating, drafting or writing letters and making appropriate referrals.
- Complete clear and accurate case records.
- Keep up to date on important issues by attending the appropriate training and reading.
- Attend Bureau meetings.
If you are interested in making a difference in your local community, this could be the volunteering opportunity for you.
If you are interested in any of these volunteering opportunities or would like to find out more about volunteering in North Warwickshire, contact Sarah Deeming on 018 2771 8080, email email@example.com or visit www.wcava.org.uk/volunteering to register as a volunteer.