The Warm and Safer Homes Grant has been set up by HEART – a partnership of Warwickshire Local Authorities. They are offering grants to help carry out essential repairs to Warwickshire residents living in homes that are cold, damp, dangerous or detrimental to health. The maximum grant available is £10,000.
If you meet the criteria below contact the HEART Team to see is they can assist you by calling 024 7637 6294 or email HEARTnorth@nuneatonandbedworth.gov.uk.
To meet the criteria you need to be struggling with:
- a cold home
- a lack of hygiene facilities
- slips, trips and/or falls in the home or garden
- security issues
- electrical, gas or fire risks
- hot or cold water problems
- penetrating dampness.
To qualify for help you must be an owner/occupier and receipt of one or some of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and your gross annual income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.